What Is My Life Saving Mom Hack for keeping my family healthy and well fed while keeping my sanity? The Paprika Recipe App by Hindsight Labs LLC.
I have tried multiple apps and menu planners over the years and the Paprika 3 App is hands down my favorite. It is exactly what I need to keep two hungry teen boys and my husband well fed. Paprika 3 keeps my sanity by not only helping me save time by keeping track of all my recipes, easily planning my meals around our BUSY schedules, and creating a checkable grocery list.
And the best part…..it is so EASY to use! I can even plan my meals and create a grocery list while waiting for my kids’s basketball game to start.
Here is a quick look at why the Paprika 3 App is so amazing:
- Your Recipes – you can easily enter in your family favorite recipes my manually entering them. But not only the recipe, you can assign a category, add a picture, rate the recipe, scale and convert, print, airdrop it to you friends, and email it.
- Recipes from Websites or Facebook – totally super easy too. You can upload the recipe including pictures and notes right to Paprika 3. Then you can assign a category, rate it based on your family’s thumbs up or thumbs down, share, and convert it. My favorite thing is it will note where you uploaded the recipe from and take you to the website. This is awesome for me because if my family likes a recipe I can go click on the link and check out other recipes by the same person.
- If you want to get really detailed on a menu for a certain event or even for weekly dinners you can create and save a menu.
- Then add your menu to your meals for the week.
- Another Mom Hack in this App is assigning Recipes to a Calendar. So Simple.
- After planning, grocery shopping, putting away groceries, I forget mid week what I am having for dinner, Paprika’s Calendar will show me what breakfast, lunch, dinners, and snack, I have planned for and with an easy click on what I have assigned for dinner it takes me right to the recipe. The “I didn’t thaw” does not happen anymore because I look at meals during cooking dinner and pull out my chicken or beef to defrost for the next night.
- My Mom Hack: I can batch cook better too.
- The Grocery List saves me time and money. After I add my meals to a Grocery List (and you have name and have multiple lists), it gives a detail list broken down by aisles. It also notes on the list under the Ingredient what recipes you need it for and how much. (Boom)
- A quick run through my Staples, Pantry, Frig, and Freezer to see what I already have on hand and deleting of the list what I do not need. I know have an easy peasy Grocery List to check off at the grocery store as I add the items to my cart.
Other Awesomeness in the Paprika App
- Pantry – you can add pantry staples to the app and then add them to your Grocery List
- The app is available our IOS and Android as well as Windows and Mac
- Sync across all your devices – I have it on my phone and my ipad
- There is a little alarm clock icon at the bottom of you recipes screen to set a timer.
- You can cross off ingredients as you add them when making your recipe
- To work with multiple recipes at one time you can Pin them to make it easier to go back and forth
- The App has a built in browser.
To Sum It All Up
I LOVE the Paprika App. It is so simple to use! There are only two things that I have issues with 1) sometimes a cross of something on my Grocery List when I have the list open while I am shopping (which is user error) and 2) to use Paprika while cooking I use my iPad instead of my phone – the iPad will show Ingredients in one column and the Directions in another while my phone has a tab for Ingredients and Directions and the flipping tabs back and forth takes extra steps during recipe making.
Honestly, my sanity and grocery budget is worth the $4.99 download for my iPhone and I download it from the Cloud for my iPad.
These are my honest views on the Paprika 3 App and I am not being Sponsored, Collaborating with or receiving any type of compensation in any form.