After the hustle and bustle of the Christmas Season has slowed down. The kids have gone back to school. The last of the twinkle lights, garlands, and pretty ornaments are packed away. The house looks bare and empty. It loses its cozyness. Its sparkly.
Every year, I tried to rush spring by bringing in pastels and spring flowers and adding in burst of red for Valentines Day. But all of that, let me feeling like winter would drag and the spring temperatures could not arrive fast enough.
This year I decided to something different. Something to help with letting the warm and cozyness of my house linger and to celebrate these feels. To bring the elements of nature in when when it is too cold to be outside.
Here are somethings that I added to my decor to find the joy of winter in the midst of the drab and cold of January.
- Pieces of winter garland with flocking and pinecones.
- Removed the red berries or anything red.
- Willow Ball Vase Fillers with flocking and sparkles
- Candles to add warmth at night
- Cotton Stems
- White Berries Stems
- Sequined Stemmed Branches
- Branches with Flocking
- The color Blue – it is an excellent color for this time of year
- Little Christmas Trees – remove the ornaments and keep the twinkle lights
Hope these ideas inspire you to create your own version of bring winter joy to you home.